Monday 1 December 2014

for another award!

I must confess I am the slackest blogger ever!!!

Although if you have been following this roller coaster of a blog you will already know that so it's not really that much of a grand confession!

The thing that constantly surprises and amazes me about this whole blogging world business is that you really never know who is reading, who you are connecting with, who is giving valuable time in their day to read the dribble here!

So I must confess I was well and truly shocked when the lovely Tonia from Tonia with an eye nominated me for a Liebster Award!!

She has asked me to answer the following questions:

1. Who is your favourite person?
Oh wow...what a tough one! I am blessed with so many wonderful people in my life! I love and adore all of them and I hope they know who they are.
My besty is Vicky...you can read more about our friendship from my A to Z Challenge post here.

2. What is your favourite possession?
Of all the things I own (and some might say I own far too much) I would have to go with the possession that uses up most of my time....my iPhone (and iPad!). I guess these are my favourites because they hold my life.....it's the way I connect with all the wonderful people in my life. It is my life...my camera, my address book, my blog, my calendar, my bank, my appointment book. Would be completely lost without it...sad I know!

3. What was the happiest day of your life?
Again I find it hard to answer this one when I have so many to choose from. From graduating from university twice, to see 4 of my 5 nephews being born, to being asked to be Godmother to by best friend's little boy!

4. Sweet or savoury?
I usually like to start with savoury and then always end with sweet.... I always love something a little sweet after dinner!
I am such a fence sitter aren't I?!

5. Jazz or pop?
Why isn't country an option?? lol...
If I HAD to choose between these 2 it would have to be Pop I guess.

6. Coffee or tea?
Tea - definitely tea. I gave up drinking coffee back in 2004 I think it was and while it took me a while to adjust to tea I now love it. I don't drink hot drinks much during summer but in the cooler months I love nothing more than a nice cup of green tea (with lemon) in the morning and some other flavoured tea before bed at night.

7. What do you miss most from your childhood?
The innocence, being oblivious to the obligations and expectations of being an adult. I think young people today are in too much of a hurry to grow up! Enjoy your youth while you can!

8. What item of clothing do you wear the most?
I am a bit of a shopaholic and if I like something I buy it, so have lots of beautiful things. But one of my favourite items was given to me by a friend of mine. She bought it back for me from Greece, it's meant to be a symbol of good luck and I wear it almost every day. It's a little big for me and I have accidently lost (and found) it a number of times, one time even finding it wrapped in paper towel in the bin after drying my hands! It is so precious to me!


9. What is your favourite time of year and why?
School holidays!! I am sure everyone loves their holidays and I am no exception. As someone who has spent my whole career working in schools I don't recall a time when I was never excited about the upcoming holidays. Apart from the obvious, catching up with family and friends, they also mean not having to set an alarm, no playground duty and report cards (although I have managed to avoid that due to different roles these last few years) and being able to go to the toilet whenever you like! What's not to love about that.....
And to all those people who think we have too many holidays, I say to you...."It's all about choices!"

10. Why did the chicken cross the road?
I am wondering why the chickens motives for crossing the road are always being questioned...can't a chicken cross the road in peace these days!

Thanks so much again to Tonia with an Eye for the nomination! I am truly chuffed! If you haven't checked her out make sure you do! I am totally envious of her frock collection!

The idea is that I now nominate people but I am so far behind and feel so out of the loop with blogging at the moment that I wouldn't know where to start so I am going to set you a challenge! If you can be bothered to comment below you have to list a blog that you think I need to check out!
For in 2 weeks time I will be on school holidays and can't wait to get stuck into some reading and writing!

Linking up with My Home Truths and One Mother Hen!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to have taken so long to come by Zita - I'm a very naughty blogger this week! So many blogs out there but if you haven't checked out Pinky Poinker you should - a teacher too and VERY funny blogger x

    ReplyDelete