Monday 2 June 2014

for a post about love..

Given that Monday is a confessional and I must not lie (not that I have a habit of lying) I will start by confessing that when I saw the topic posed by Kirsty at My Home Truths...

share a post about love

my first thought was *uggghhhh great* because of course as soon as I read it I immediately thought "I'm not in love, have no love life, am all alone...(blah blah blah.. cry me a river..)" but the more I have mulled over the prompt all week the more I realised I had to broaden my thinking - obvious to some...not me apparently.

So while I may still be on the lookout for the love of my life, there is so much to love about my life, so much I love, so many people I love and things I love to do....

I started to make a list but it was getting too ridiculously long and I feared I would miss something or someone. So with Winter upon us and everyone giving it a bit of a beating I thought I would share 5 things I love about Winter: 
Image Credit




1. Birthdays - there are some lovely people in my life who celebrate their birthdays in Winter (me included...hehe)
First Day of Winter is also my niece's birthday!
2. Hot drinks - Nothing better than cuddling up on the couch with a nice cup of steaming hot green tea after dinner, or meeting friends in a nice warm cafe for a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows.


3. The Fashion - I hate being cold and I LOVE the fashion of winter...in case you haven't noticed I have a little obsession with scarves and I just love a big warm scarf with jeans and boots.
Love me a good winter scarf outfit!
4. The Food - I do love a good salad in Summer, but I think I equally love a good stew/casserole/soup in Winter. I love getting the slow cooker out and having it cooking away all day!

5. Fireplaces - I don't have one but my Mum and Dad have one at their place and my sister has one at her place. I love the warmth of the fire and watching the flames and wood crackle away.

So while I would probably never chose Winter as my favourite season, I am trying to look at things more positively and focus on the good things about the season ahead, and if I fall into the trap of hating it, then there's always this:
Image Source
or this
Do you love Winter? What do you love about it?

Linking with One Mother Hen for Open Slather Monday and My Home Truths for I Must Confess!



No comments:

Post a Comment