Tuesday 13 May 2014

for my third book review..

In case you missed it, I am doing a reading challenge this year. I have joined with many other reading lovers to complete the 2014 Australian Women Writers Challenge, where we read, review and promote stories written by Australian Authors.

I am on track to have 6 books read for the year as I have just finished my third book before the 6 month mark!

Keeping with my little theme of country romance stories the third book was Nowhere Else by Fiona McCallum. It is her second book but the first that I had read.

www.booktopia.com.au

Nicola Harvey seems to have the world at her feet - she's at the top of her profession, part of Australian television's celebrity A-list, has a wealthy, successful fiance and a beautiful warehouse conversion in Adelaide.

So in 'typical' romance novel style, the girl who seems to have it all, is not particularly happy and when life throws her a few curve balls she finds herself somewhere completely unexpected but truly finding herself.

When Nicola arrives in the tiny town of Nowhere Else, it's nothing like she expected: there's no spa in town, the locals are tight-lipped and she senses it's not just the drought that is making the town nervous. So why has her boss sent her out here? 

The deeper Nicola digs into the town history, the more she realises this was not a mistake and it could actually help unlock the mystery to her own past.

There were so many twists and turns in this story that it really kept me guessing and turning the pages. There were surprises and questions as you travel the journey with Nicola but in the end I found it a little far-fetched and predictable. Having said that Fiona does have a good way with words that makes you want to keep reading.

My other book reviews are for:
1. An Outback Life by Mary Groves
2. Poppy's Dilemma by Karly Lane

Linking this book review up with Essentially Jess for IBOT!


No comments:

Post a Comment